Advanced Certificates and Open-enrolment Programs
Design new business models and foster innovation
The program is aimed at senior managers and executives seeking to develop innovative business solutions for social and environmental challenges and discover new ways of innovating that can resonate in both emerging and developed countries. The goal of program is to provide participants with the necessary tools to develop new value propositions that meet the needs of consumers in emerging economies living on less than $10 a day.
Level: Certified Program
Duration: 2 weeks
Location: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
- Interactive and diversified learning approach
- Analysis and discussion of case studies
- Team project work
- Cutting-edge academic content
Locations: Cape Town, South Africa (May) and Bangalore, India (October)
Academic partners: The University of Cape Town, Graduate Business School (South Africa) and The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (India)
Credits gained upon successful completion of this 2-module Advanced Certificate may be used towards the HEC Paris Executive MBA. The EMBA Major in Innovation and Social Business can be taken as a specialization within the HEC Executive MBA. The EMBA requires only 7 or 8 weeks out of the office during a 17-month period. More information in the Admission section.
Costs include all teaching fees, academic material, accommodation in both locations.
On free evenings, dinners will be at the expense of the participants.
Travel expenses to and from all modules are not included.
Academic fees are not subject to VAT.
The program is open to all Executive MBA participants at HEC Paris, in addition to external applicants. The goal of the program is to inspire the next generation of purpose-driven global business leaders with best practices coming from emerging markets.
The Advanced Certificate will enable you to:
• Establish a shared understanding of what innovation and social business mean in practice in emerging economies as are encountered in Africa and in India;
• Acquire the necessary tools to carry out an in-depth analysis of the mass market in emerging countries and new emerging market strategies
• Discover new ways of developing business that have real social impact, both in emerging and developed countries for multinationals, SMEs and entrepreneurs
• Learn how to encourage and promote frugal and reverse innovation through exposure and immersion, to allow the delegates to experience the multiple aspects of innovation and social business, in particular at the Base of the Pyramid
The two-week program is run in Cape Town, South Africa and Bangalore, India, and covers three main topics:
- Identifying new business opportunities in emerging markets such as Sub-Saharan Africa and India. The mobile phone revolution in emerging economies will be used to illustrate how serving the entire market can be highly profitable.
- Integrating sustainability into business models and develop business solutions to social and environmental challenges more effectively
- Fostering innovation - both frugal and reverse innovation will be analyzed
David Ménascé, Academic Director of the EMBA Innovation and Social Business Major
- Open enrolment subject to our selection process.
- The language of instruction is English. A professional level in English is required: TOEIC, TOEFL or IELTS (for applicants whose mother tongue is not English or candidates who do not hold a university degree from an English speaking institution).
- 18 credits gained upon successful completion of this two module Advanced Certificate may be used towards the HEC Paris Executive MBA.
- Holders of an Advanced Certificate will be able to deduct the full price of the Advanced Certificate if they are admitted to the HEC Paris EMBA.
- Each Advanced Certificate has two 1-week modules fixed for May and October respectively, to be delivered in two different locations, one of which is outside of France.
- Each module has a 5-day schedule, for a total of 10 days or 90 hours per Advanced Certificate.
Other programs in Advanced Certificates and Open-enrolment Programs
+33 (0)1 39 67 75 44
14,585 € (2016)