Advanced Certificates and Open-enrolment Programs
Approximately 70% of the output of industrialized economies originates in the service sector
The origin of most management theory, however, comes from the study of traditional manufacturers. In spite of this, best practices for services are clearly established and have led to the development of cutting edge theories over the last three decades. This program illustrates these theories with real-world case studes>
Level: Certified Program
Duration: 2 weeks
- Cutting-edge theories
- Real-world case studies
- Interactive learning approach
Locations: Singapore (May), Berlin, Germany (October)
Credits gained upon successful completion of this 2-module Advanced Certificate may be used towards the HEC Paris Executive MBA. This EMBA Major can be taken as a specialization within the HEC Paris Executive MBA. More information in the Admission section.
Costs include all teaching fees, academic material, accommodation in both locations.
On free evenings, dinners will be at the expense of the participants.
Travel expenses to and from all modules are not included.
Academic fees are not subject to VAT.
This Advanced Certificate in Differentiation and Innovation through Services is open to all Executive MBA participants and external applicants working in organizations that rely on the added value of the services that they provide in order to differentiate themselves from the competition.
The program focuses on:
- Service organizations in a wide range of industries, including finance, hospitality, telecommunications and manufacturing.
- Professional services in areas such as consulting, banking, or auditing.
Strategy, organizational behavior, human resource management and leadership are all explored from a services perspective.
The Advanced Certificate will enable you to:
- Develop strategies to build customer loyalty in service settings
- Apply best practice in a service context to the interrelated disciplines of strategy, operations, marketing and human resource management
- Discover some of the creative and innovative approaches used by leading companies to add value to the services they provide
The Advanced Certificate, like the services it discusses, is multidisciplinary. We will examine the most important frameworks in the study of services and how they are (or are not) used in companies. The program raises several important questions:
- How are these frameworks applied in the “real world” and is there room for improvement, even among world-class service organizations?
- How can I apply the key learning poins of the program to my organization?
Roger Hallowell, HEC Paris Affiliate Professor
- Open enrolment subject to our selection process.
- The language of instruction is English. A professional level in English is required: TOEIC, TOEFL or IELTS (for applicants whose mother tongue is not English or candidates who do not hold a university degree from an English speaking institution).
- 18 credits gained upon successful completion of this two module Advanced Certificate may be used towards the HEC Paris Executive MBA.
- Holders of an Advanced Certificate will be able to deduct the full price of the Advanced Certificate if they are admitted to the HEC Paris EMBA.
- Each Advanced Certificate has two 1-week modules fixed for May and October respectively, to be delivered in two different locations, one of which is outside of France.
- Each module has a 5-day schedule, for a total of 10 days or 90 hours per Advanced Certificate.
Other programs in Advanced Certificates and Open-enrolment Programs
+33 (0)1 39 67 75 44
14,585 € (2016)